Book cheap flight to Lexington
Lexington Travel Guide
The second largest city in Kentucky, Lexington is also called “Horse Capital of the World” with the bluegrass region being the heart of the state.
Lexington is brimming with numerous natural, historical and cultural attractions waiting to be explored. The state’s flying history is highlighted by the Aviation Museum of Kentucky, The Mary Todd Lincoln House gives an insight in to the First Lady perspective.
Book cheap flights to Lexington and enjoy traditional Lexington’s famous food like Burgoo, Hot Brown, Derby Pie, Bourbon balls, Louisville style chilli and scrumptious barbecues.
Places To Explore In Lexington
These are some of the most famous attractions that are a must-see in Lexington
- Kentucky Horse Park
Animal lovers and horse lover in particular should definitely visit the world famous Kentucky Horse Park. This is an operational horse farm that is open to public and provides all kind of information related to horses.
There are many complexes within the premises namely the International Museum of the Horse providing an insight into the history and importance of horses, The Hall of Champions where great racehorses are honoured, a walkthrough park that demonstrates the crafts of blacksmiths, wagoners and harness maker.
Visitors can enjoy activities like horse trekking and horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Mary Todd Lincoln House
Mary Todd, the wife of former President Abraham Lincoln had spent her childhood here. The Georgian style brick house has on display the family portraits and personal items of the Lincoln-Todd Families.
Visitors can tour the 14-room house and get to learn about the remarkable story and history of the First Lady.
Keeneland is a professional race course in the city of Lexington. Surrounded by beautiful grounds and opened to the public one can tour the facility while learning about the thoroughbred horse racing culture.
Other popular places that are a must-see in Lexington are
- Lexington Cemetery
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky
- Raven Run Nature Sanctuary
- Waveland State Historic Site
- Red Mile Harness Track
- Hunt Morgan House
- Kentucky Theatre
Major festivals in Lexington
- Hillbilly Days
- Rolex kentucky Three Day Event
- American Quilter’s Society National Quilt Show
- The Kentucky Derby and Derby Festival
- International Bar-B-Q Festival
- Fort Harrod Beef Festival
- Kentucky Renaissance Fair
- Great American Brass Band Festival
- Blues & Barbecue Festival
- Kentucky State Fair
- Kentucky Bluegrass Music & Burgoo Festival
- Trail of Tears Pow-Wow
- MainStrasse Village Oktoberfest
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival
- World Chicken Festival
- Jerusalem Ridge Festival
- Garvin gate Blues Festival
Best time to visit: April to October
Airlines offering cheap flights to Lexington: Southern Airways, Frontier Airlines
Book cheap flights to Lexington and save some big bucks to be spent later on leisure activities and shopping.
Flights To Lexington
- Cheap flights from Denver to Lexington
- Cheap flights from Dallas to Lexington
- Cheap flights from New York to Lexington
- Cheap flights from Orlando to Lexington